books in English

• daniellefr

63 messages

Netherlands

How come there is no special category for English books?
  • nvz141
    (Closed account)

1 message

India

• Created on 7 Mar 2004 at 10:00
    I am a collecter old books and i have many books of english.and also i want other books .
  • justcollectables

2 messages

United Kingdom

• Created on 7 Mar 2004 at 10:00
    Hi, I don't think that it is really necessary as when you select your site, ie "United Kingdom and International" it will reach all English speaking buyers and they will be able to see the language that the book is written in, If there was a category for English books then it would be necessary to list all individual categories, do you not think it is more important that your books simply fit into the appropriate category regardless of the language?
  • daniellefr

63 messages

Netherlands

Hi, I don't think that it is really necessary as when you select your site, ie "United Kingdom and International" it will reach all English speaking buyers and they will be able to see the language that the book is written in, If there was a category for English books then it would be necessary to list all individual categories, do you not think it is more important that your books simply fit into the appropriate category regardless of the language?
    • Created on 16 Apr 2010 at 07:53
    Hello Justcollectables, en welcome on Delcampe

At the time of my message, 2004, Delcampe was very "young", and only in French. Finding a book in English then was no picnic.

Today the site offers rubrics for books in the five foreign languages it supports, plus one for others. Perfect, isn't?

Danielle

• justcollectables

2 messages

United Kingdom

Hello Justcollectables, en welcome on Delcampe

At the time of my message, 2004, Delcampe was very "young", and only in French. Finding a book in English then was no picnic.

Today the site offers rubrics for books in the five foreign languages it supports, plus one for others. Perfect, isn't?

Danielle

• Created on 16 Apr 2010 at 08:23
    Hi Danielle, I feel such a fool, should have checked the date, been around forums long enough to have realised this.

I only recently found Delcampe and must admit what I have found up to now I just love it. It is so simple and user friendly without the raft of ridiculous policies of another unnamed site, rimes with greedbay, at least the rules and regs here are sensible and reasonable.
    Just need to get my listing numbers up.

Many thank's for the reply, appreciated, forgive me for my lapse in common sense.

Join the collectors community

Register Login