Guernsey German Occupation Stamps..

• Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • joulie

6123 messages

France

Hi.
    Of course they're collectable!
    They're listed in Michel catalogue (German Occupation of Guernsey, #2/3)
    You miss Michel #1 (1/2p green)
    In 1999 the catalogue value of your pair was 60 DM (i.e.30€)
  • hoatzinstamps

1098 messages

United Kingdom

This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
    • Created on 30 Apr 2019 at 06:08
    There are a number of colour variations which affect the price ... I suspect SG might actually be lower than quoted in Michel. Maybe you should get an SG Catalogue ... but depends on the period of the collection and whether Commonwealth or World etc.

Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

Hi.
    Of course they're collectable!
    They're listed in Michel catalogue (German Occupation of Guernsey, #2/3)
    You miss Michel #1 (1/2p green)
    In 1999 the catalogue value of your pair was 60 DM (i.e.30€)
    • Created on 30 Apr 2019 at 08:31
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

There are a number of colour variations which affect the price ... I suspect SG might actually be lower than quoted in Michel. Maybe you should get an SG Catalogue ... but depends on the period of the collection and whether Commonwealth or World etc.

Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]
    • Created on 30 Apr 2019 at 16:03
  • moonstone

943 messages

United Kingdom

Gibbons currently catalogue the 1d (SG 2) at £3.25 for the standard scarlet shade, MNH and the 2½d (SG 3) at £18 for the ultramarine shade, which of of yours look like from the scan.
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

Gibbons currently catalogue the 1d (SG 2) at £3.25 for the standard scarlet shade, MNH and the 2½d (SG 3) at £18 for the ultramarine shade, which of of yours look like from the scan.
    • Created on 2 May 2019 at 07:46
  • moonstone

943 messages

United Kingdom

• Created on 2 May 2019 at 11:17
    I can't profess to know a lot about Egypt, but this looks very like what is termed a 'stationery cut out', i.e. where the 'stamp' portion has been cut out of a complete postal stationery envelope or card - a common occurence years ago and turn up frequently in old albums. Nowadays the preference (properly) is to keep the envelope or card in one piece for any postal history value.
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

I can't profess to know a lot about Egypt, but this looks very like what is termed a 'stationery cut out', i.e. where the 'stamp' portion has been cut out of a complete postal stationery envelope or card - a common occurence years ago and turn up frequently in old albums. Nowadays the preference (properly) is to keep the envelope or card in one piece for any postal history value.
    • Created on 2 May 2019 at 11:22
  • joulie

6123 messages

France

Hi.
    Not the same,but very similar
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

Join the collectors community

Register Login