Why we are leaving Delcampe

• Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United States

This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

The question is who should bear the cost of lost shipments?

Under most countries laws the onus of getting the item is with the seller because the seller chooses the carrier and can only claim when things go wrong. Paypal in this respect IMHO is right - if you cannot prove delivery then the money is refunded if things go pear shaped.

If you buy something from a mail order company and it does not arrive you complain to the mail order company. Under the law they either send a replacement or give you your money back. Selling stamps is no different.

You need to factor into your overall prices the cost of such losses by adding a small % to all your prices as all large businesses do. Such losses are a factor to consider in any online business. A retails business has to factor in shoplifting losses amongst all the other overheads just as an online business does with losses in transit.
  • moonstone

951 messages

United Kingdom

I don't see how leaving Delcampe solves your problem - after all, they are not responsible for the failure to deliver, which is the fault of the postal services involved, or the actions of Paypal, which seems to be your main bone of contention.

Delcampe cannot influence what these other organisations can do. If you are losing a lot of material, then I suggest this is an issue with your postal organisation (USPS?). It will be no different with any other online selling portal, and as Wycombe says, you either have to factor in these losses or give up on online selling altogether.
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United States

The question is who should bear the cost of lost shipments?

Under most countries laws the onus of getting the item is with the seller because the seller chooses the carrier and can only claim when things go wrong. Paypal in this respect IMHO is right - if you cannot prove delivery then the money is refunded if things go pear shaped.

If you buy something from a mail order company and it does not arrive you complain to the mail order company. Under the law they either send a replacement or give you your money back. Selling stamps is no different.

You need to factor into your overall prices the cost of such losses by adding a small % to all your prices as all large businesses do. Such losses are a factor to consider in any online business. A retails business has to factor in shoplifting losses amongst all the other overheads just as an online business does with losses in transit.
    • Created on Jun 21, 2017 at 2:44 AM
    This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United States

I don't see how leaving Delcampe solves your problem - after all, they are not responsible for the failure to deliver, which is the fault of the postal services involved, or the actions of Paypal, which seems to be your main bone of contention.

Delcampe cannot influence what these other organisations can do. If you are losing a lot of material, then I suggest this is an issue with your postal organisation (USPS?). It will be no different with any other online selling portal, and as Wycombe says, you either have to factor in these losses or give up on online selling altogether.
    • Created on Jun 21, 2017 at 6:27 AM
  • moonstone

951 messages

United Kingdom

• Created on Jun 21, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    Sorry to hear that, good luck with whatever you do!
  • mossdeb

3 messages

Portugal

• Created on Jun 20, 2017 at 8:05 PM
    Based on all this, many buyer refuses registered mail and then turned on me. Paypal doesn't care. Paypal wants wants a happy client at our expenses. I faced this many years agos when Ebay bought Paypal and came with the "Buyers protection program". With Large envelope or not the buyers wins always. Today I get this from a buyer from Israel. His explanation is ""our postmen know Latin alphabetic very bad !!!".
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United States

Based on all this, many buyer refuses registered mail and then turned on me. Paypal doesn't care. Paypal wants wants a happy client at our expenses. I faced this many years agos when Ebay bought Paypal and came with the "Buyers protection program". With Large envelope or not the buyers wins always. Today I get this from a buyer from Israel. His explanation is ""our postmen know Latin alphabetic very bad !!!".
    • Created on Jun 25, 2017 at 9:08 PM
  • mossdeb

3 messages

Portugal

• Created on Jun 26, 2017 at 2:48 PM
    Hello Dinomin,
    I think it is not the size of the envelope but rather the weight and country of origin that determines if a particular letter goes to Customs. Also taken into account is the frequency an addressee receives letters from Abroad. At least that's how the thing works in Portugal, and I think across the EU.
    The gestation period in the Customs is 21 working days. There may be a customs fee depending on the value of the goods + VAT. I dare to say no one wants the envelope to pass through Customs.

What is shameful is a person buying a stamp of € 0.50, requests shipping in regular mail because registration is 5 times the value of the stamp, and after 15 days of purchase, he communicates did not receive his purchase. I confirm the sending and he immediately makes a complaint in Paypal and Paypal takes the money from the account. These cases must be millions and I do not believe that Paypal does not know what is going on. They just have look at the frequency with which these buyers make complaints.

And what to say of those buyers who make a large purchase, pay with paypal, the product follows in registered mail with tracking, they sign on reception and then make a complaint how the envelope was closed, with no traces of violation but empty.

This hell began when Ebay bought Paypal, banned payments in cash, check or bank transfer imposing Paypal as the only means of payment on Ebay.com and then creates the program of customer protection at our expense. They are the good guys and we neither money nor merchandise. In Europe this imposition was not accepted. That’s why I’am selling on the several European Ebay

Also Ebay as well Delcampe also might not be happy to have sellers selling items at $ 2.00. They want us out to decrease the weight on the servers. That is why Delcampe and Ebay prefer to protect customers via Paypal. This situation has already been accepted by most sellers as an extra price to sell online. At the end, if we're not happy, we'll leave.
  • Econostamps

8 messages

United States

Paypal now allows (US anyway) sellers to send letter size (#10) envelopes to non us addresses with a customers form , tracking # and allows print label

Join the collectors community

Register Login