USA foreign postal rates

• chavirot
    Closed account

197 messages

France

Hello, I'm looking for the postal rate applicable to this letter which travelled from USA to France on July 7th, 1986.

Does anybody know a web site which publishing mail rates of the USA for foreign countries ?

Regards
  • BobUK

113 messages

United Kingdom

This maybe of help

Link (https)
  • chavirot
    Closed account

197 messages

France

This maybe of help

Link (https)
    • Created on Dec 7, 2017 at 5:23 AM
    Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately wikipedia indicate only domestic rates.
  • ekbustad

57 messages

United States

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately wikipedia indicate only domestic rates.
    • Created on Dec 7, 2017 at 6:00 AM
    I am not aware of any website that would have this information, but the book "U.S. International Postal Rates, 1872-1996" by Anthony S. Wawrukiewicz and Henry W. Beecher should have. it. I don't have a copy of it, but I have heard from many people that it is very comprehensive.
  • chavirot
    Closed account

197 messages

France

I am not aware of any website that would have this information, but the book "U.S. International Postal Rates, 1872-1996" by Anthony S. Wawrukiewicz and Henry W. Beecher should have. it. I don't have a copy of it, but I have heard from many people that it is very comprehensive.
    • Created on Jan 1, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    Hello, thank you for your kind help. Regards
  • alan65

426 messages

United States

Hello, I'm looking for the postal rate applicable to this letter which travelled from USA to France on July 7th, 1986.

Does anybody know a web site which publishing mail rates of the USA for foreign countries ?

Regards
    • Created on Dec 7, 2017 at 12:59 AM
    The rate was 44-cents, based on Air Mail issues of 1985-1988 which were all 44-cent stamps.
    your attached cover looks to be properly franked with 2 contemporary 22-cent (the domestic rate at the time) stamps.
  • chavirot
    Closed account

197 messages

France

The rate was 44-cents, based on Air Mail issues of 1985-1988 which were all 44-cent stamps.
    your attached cover looks to be properly franked with 2 contemporary 22-cent (the domestic rate at the time) stamps.
    • Created on Jan 13, 2018 at 11:39 AM
    Hello, thanks a lot ! Regards

Join the collectors community

Register Login