Stamp identifier options

• frank0506

146 messages

United States

I've noticed recently that several sellers are using the Stamp World site identifier number as a reference in their listings.
    I've visited their site on the web and it is extremely helpful in finding the respective item for identification.
    Just wondering if others have had any experience with the StampWorld site and the comparisons to Stanley Gibbons, Michel, Scotts, etc.
  • hoatzinstamps

1099 messages

United Kingdom

I've noticed recently that several sellers are using the Stamp World site identifier number as a reference in their listings.
    I've visited their site on the web and it is extremely helpful in finding the respective item for identification.
    Just wondering if others have had any experience with the StampWorld site and the comparisons to Stanley Gibbons, Michel, Scotts, etc.
    • Created on Mar 7, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    If I recall correctly one of the issues was that this Catalogue, although comprehensive, did not cover varieties e.g. perf or colour or printing variations which affects value and is of interest to many collectors. The other major established Catalogues offer this service albeit nothing is perfect.

Alan Catherall
    [Hoatzinstamps]

Join the collectors community

Register Login