Mounting covers on album leaves.

• grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

I have started to add interesting covers to my collection but am not clear as to the best method of mounting them on album leaves.
    Can anyone give me a steer as to practicable methods.
    Many thanks.
  • wycombe1

1856 messages

United Kingdom

Try photograph mounts. Should be available at most reputable stationers.
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

I have started to add interesting covers to my collection but am not clear as to the best method of mounting them on album leaves.
    Can anyone give me a steer as to practicable methods.
    Many thanks.
    • Created on Aug 6, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    Hi...it really depends on the value of the cover and the quantity you are processing.

I tend to use Lindner cover sleeves (or similar). Sometimes I use Showguard/Hawid mounts or Subway corner mounts. I never use any type of hinge as it can mark the cover.
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Try photograph mounts. Should be available at most reputable stationers.
    • Created on Aug 6, 2018 at 11:07 AM
    Thanks very much for your input.
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

Hi...it really depends on the value of the cover and the quantity you are processing.

I tend to use Lindner cover sleeves (or similar). Sometimes I use Showguard/Hawid mounts or Subway corner mounts. I never use any type of hinge as it can mark the cover.
    • Created on Aug 7, 2018 at 10:10 AM
    Thanks very much for your input. At this stage the value, quantity is little and few.
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

get some bigger photo corner mounts, a bit dearer but worth it, the little ones don't hold!
  • grandad-47

113 messages

United Kingdom

get some bigger photo corner mounts, a bit dearer but worth it, the little ones don't hold!
    • Created on Aug 10, 2018 at 3:05 PM
    Noted. Thanks Dave.

Join the collectors community

Register Login