material related to syphilis/venereal disease/etc

• dermpath
    Closed account

8 messages

United States

Hello! I collect most anything that mentions syphilis or venereal diseases (covers, PCs, advertising material, etc. etc). Many of the pertinent items I find on delcampe do not mention "syphilis" in the search terms. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Thanks so much!
    JP
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

Are you aware of "Dear Doctor postcards"? tho I doubt they advertised a cure for the "unmentionable" disease there! But might be worth a search on the web. Spose the other possible sources have occurred to you, like slogan postmarks especially on soldiers mail of the 2 wars, the powers that be did worry about their men!
  • dermpath
    Closed account

8 messages

United States

Are you aware of "Dear Doctor postcards"? tho I doubt they advertised a cure for the "unmentionable" disease there! But might be worth a search on the web. Spose the other possible sources have occurred to you, like slogan postmarks especially on soldiers mail of the 2 wars, the powers that be did worry about their men!
    • Created on Aug 16, 2018 at 3:07 PM
    Those are some very good recommendations and some nice insight. I will look into it. Also, thanks so much for your interest and response!
    JP

Join the collectors community

Register Login