Using PayPal has it's rewards.

• jimp

5 messages

United Kingdom

Having paid for some stamps from a seller on Delcampe, and not received them, I raised a dispute.
    A a result, Delcampe has suspended the sellers account, as the seller is a Bandit, and has done this to many other buyers. No sign of a refund from Delcampe.

So I raised a dispute with PayPal and have now received a full refund from PayPal.
    Nice to have my money back, and well done PayPal
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

It is always wise to pay using a method of payment like Paypal where you can reclaim your payment due to non performance of a seller.

Beware those who refuse to accept Paypal - ask yourself what have they got to hide. People moan about Paypal's fees but nothing is free in life - if you want protection there is always a cost which most sellers are willing to absorb into the overall costing of things.

But there does need to be a clamp down on those that surcharge for Paypal payments.
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

Interesting to see the OP has not left negative feedback for such a poorly performing seller! Is there a reason for this?
  • jimp

5 messages

United Kingdom

Interesting to see the OP has not left negative feedback for such a poorly performing seller! Is there a reason for this?
    • Created on 8 Jul 2019 at 08:46
    I can't leave any feedback because the dispute has been going since April, and it is out of time for feedback.
  • jimp

5 messages

United Kingdom

It is always wise to pay using a method of payment like Paypal where you can reclaim your payment due to non performance of a seller.

Beware those who refuse to accept Paypal - ask yourself what have they got to hide. People moan about Paypal's fees but nothing is free in life - if you want protection there is always a cost which most sellers are willing to absorb into the overall costing of things.

But there does need to be a clamp down on those that surcharge for Paypal payments.
    • Created on 8 Jul 2019 at 08:44
    I agree that those that apply a surcharge for PayPal should be stopped from doing so.
  • scirocco_dave

14 messages

United Kingdom

I agree that those that apply a surcharge for PayPal should be stopped from doing so.
    • Created on 8 Jul 2019 at 14:16
    I'm in the uk, i use an app called REVOLUT to undertake my euro transactions. 2 advantages, a way better exchange rate and no added on fees. I used to shout against sellers imposing a PP surcharge to cover the costs but no more this is a good workaround.
    I also try and engage in dialogue with sellers about my collecting interests: "Hi, I am now watching x of your items on Delcampe are you a collector selling on duplicates..." sort of conversation. Find that this always helps build trust as you would try and do with any business/money spend.
    For the big bay, i always use PP as sellers, seem to, accept the costs or include it in their pricing.
  • jimp

5 messages

United Kingdom

I'm in the uk, i use an app called REVOLUT to undertake my euro transactions. 2 advantages, a way better exchange rate and no added on fees. I used to shout against sellers imposing a PP surcharge to cover the costs but no more this is a good workaround.
    I also try and engage in dialogue with sellers about my collecting interests: "Hi, I am now watching x of your items on Delcampe are you a collector selling on duplicates..." sort of conversation. Find that this always helps build trust as you would try and do with any business/money spend.
    For the big bay, i always use PP as sellers, seem to, accept the costs or include it in their pricing.
    • Created on 9 Sept 2019 at 03:34
    How doe Revolut respond to non- delivery ?
  • scirocco_dave

14 messages

United Kingdom

They are an exchange mechanism.
  • nanook99
    Closed account

339 messages

Canada

I purchase very few items on Delcampe.In my collecting area the prices seem to be bloated or the items are in the hands of Delcampe's auction house associates who request outrageous hammer surcharges for ordinary items.Regarding PayPal .....if perchance I see something of interest but the seller does not take PayPal or wishes me to pay his PayPal charges......no mater how much I might be interested I ignore the request and move on.On the bright side for me in about 90% of the items I passed on here on Delcampe I have found elsewhere. :znaika:

Join the collectors community

Register Login