Gray? cards of London

• dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

Thanks for the help with Wrench's cards of London, here's another one: I bought the 3 London cards illustrated from 2 different dealers at a recent fair, all unused but the reverse says "Gray's Real Photo Series" and "Printed in Italy" (!) from the 1920's or 30's numbered 20, 28 and 38 so there must have been at least 38 in the series, quite interesting and different street views of London. We have just moved so my Byatt's "Picture Postcard Publishers" is still in a box somewhere so I don't know if they are even there. I don't think I've seen these cards before, has anyone?
  • mainlypostcards

3539 messages

United Kingdom

Dave,

They are lovely cards. I've never heard of the publisher before and was hoping that someone would have replied by now, to enlighten you (us).

Searching my various resources hasn't thrown up anything.
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

Australia

Thanks for the help with Wrench's cards of London, here's another one: I bought the 3 London cards illustrated from 2 different dealers at a recent fair, all unused but the reverse says "Gray's Real Photo Series" and "Printed in Italy" (!) from the 1920's or 30's numbered 20, 28 and 38 so there must have been at least 38 in the series, quite interesting and different street views of London. We have just moved so my Byatt's "Picture Postcard Publishers" is still in a box somewhere so I don't know if they are even there. I don't think I've seen these cards before, has anyone?
    • Created on Oct 15, 2018 at 3:39 PM
    This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • dave43

277 messages

United Kingdom

Doesn't appear to be Campbell Gray, they're someone else entirely!

Join the collectors community

Register Login