item sub category change

• cool_postcards

3 messages

Slovenia

Hello everyone!
    I do not know anymore if I become a bit simple (maybe coming with ageing??) or there is no more option "change category" among Multiple changes. What I can notice is that many changes here are only "make-up" or even worse; "why to make it simple if it can be complicated"! Just my humble opinion...
    Thank you for your kind help! Ana
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

Seems so....here is another - not important but classic!

Sales & Purchases "ongoing" (ouch) has been changed to "currently running" (double ouch) . Why change titles from one with incorrect English to another with even worse incorrect English?

I have to laugh though because clicking on the link takes one to Sales or Purchases "ongoing" :psy:
  • cool_postcards

3 messages

Slovenia

Seems so....here is another - not important but classic!

Sales & Purchases "ongoing" (ouch) has been changed to "currently running" (double ouch) . Why change titles from one with incorrect English to another with even worse incorrect English?

I have to laugh though because clicking on the link takes one to Sales or Purchases "ongoing" :psy:
    • Created on Apr 16, 2019 at 4:43 AM
    :no: You are so right! I am self taught re English (in a very funny way as I am picking up words from any language wherweverand whenever I can) but when I have seen that i did not know should I laugh or should I cry! I was just staring in ave!
    A few years ago I have met Sebastien in Verona at Veronafil so we have had quite a long talk but nothing good from that... Actually we were talking every time when possible there but the same story! Year by year. I was talking with Marco who was "the boss" of Delcampe Italy but with the same score...
    Please do not laugh at my English! :ahah: :whiteflag:
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

Your English is very good! I am actually English by birth but live in Philippines now.
    It might be a great idea if D were to check out translations with native speakers of the language concerned before going live with an incorrect translation . This has been suggested before over the years but always rejected.
    So, for now we are stuck with bad and often incomprehensible English translations!
  • cool_postcards

3 messages

Slovenia

Thank you! :veryhappy:
    Unfortunately we are stuck with many issues which are more important than correct language. During almost 30 years of work like a professional in collectibles area I spoiled my languages. Everyone of them! I do speak several languages and have always been a "linguistic pooritan". Too many times you have to communicate with people who barely understand basics of a language so unavoidably you must loose your standards... I did of course!
    So thank you and enjoy whatever you do! :cool2:
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

Yes, I agree with you at the individual level.....but why accept inaccurate or careless translations from an international organization like D? It is simply not very professional.
    End of subject probably as the sound of silence from D is deafening!
    Good luck my friend

Join the collectors community

Register Login