Google Shopping

• andypostcards

5 messages

United Kingdom

why doesn't Delcampe put items up on Google Shopping? To me surely it makes sense too as you would get a much wider audience. After all, if Ebid can do it so why can't Delcampe? In the end, i feel everybody would get more sales and Delcampe will get more revenue because of the sales. At the moment i transfering items off Delcampe and putting them onto Ebid and selling them. i think this is due to Google Shopping.
  • mainlypostcards

3,488 messages

United Kingdom

There is rather a difference in volume between the 2 sites, about 4 million for ebid and 70+ million for Delcampe.

I also suspect, that google shopping wouldn't accept Delcampe items, because the p&p isn't shown/included in the price.
  • andypostcards

5 messages

United Kingdom

There is rather a difference in volume between the 2 sites, about 4 million for ebid and 70+ million for Delcampe.

I also suspect, that google shopping wouldn't accept Delcampe items, because the p&p isn't shown/included in the price.
    • Created on Feb 9, 2018 at 3:31 AM
    that's a good point with the P+P. so why don't Delcampe do a similar platform to the other sites? it would make life a lot easier for all. The amount of people that haven't heard of Delcampe but heard of Ebid is unbelievable. And believe it or not, a lot of these people are in auction rooms. i put that down to Google Shopping as it's a good advertisement.
  • mainlypostcards

3,488 messages

United Kingdom

that's a good point with the P+P. so why don't Delcampe do a similar platform to the other sites? it would make life a lot easier for all. The amount of people that haven't heard of Delcampe but heard of Ebid is unbelievable. And believe it or not, a lot of these people are in auction rooms. i put that down to Google Shopping as it's a good advertisement.
    • Created on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:43 AM
    I don't think it's google shopping, but rather the social media sites - Ebid seems to have a presence on all of them, whereas Delcampe is largely absent.

Also bear in mind that Delcampe is not a British or American site - if you go and ask in Europe if anyone has heard of Ebid or Delcampe, I am sure Delcampe would come top.
  • wycombe1

1,509 messages

United Kingdom

I don't think it's google shopping, but rather the social media sites - Ebid seems to have a presence on all of them, whereas Delcampe is largely absent.

Also bear in mind that Delcampe is not a British or American site - if you go and ask in Europe if anyone has heard of Ebid or Delcampe, I am sure Delcampe would come top.
    • Created on Feb 9, 2018 at 4:59 AM
    Agree - Delcampe is predominantly a 'European' site. Most of my friends and contacts in Germany, France and Poland have heard of Delcampe even if they are not part of the collecting fraternity. Most of my sales are to Europe with the UK about fifth or sixth in the pecking order. (Dread to think what effect Brexit will have on this if we go back to the 'green' customs labels and the postal delays associated with customs).

I'm sure if my language skills were better and I could list confidently on the French speaking sites my sales would quadruple! But I'm a bit long in the tooth now to start learning a new language!
  • andypostcards

5 messages

United Kingdom

i still think that if delcampe had a similar format to ebay, ebid and etsy, the name of delcampe would be out there for the rest of the world to see and have a much wider audience and i feel that everybody would be in a win win situation.
  • wycombe1

1,509 messages

United Kingdom

Delcampe does have a wide 'audience' but not so much in the English speaking world. The site is based in Europe and appears to have a wide following in the French speaking community. Delcampe has attempted over the years to promote itself in the English speaking world where they have had a presence at all the major international collecting shows.

It needs to be remembered it is a collecting site only whereas on sites like eBay, Ebid and the like you can buy or sell almost everything. I would much prefer Delcampe sticks to collectables and does not attempt to be a site that buys and sells everything in the universe!
  • mainlypostcards

3,488 messages

United Kingdom

Delcampe does have a wide 'audience' but not so much in the English speaking world. The site is based in Europe and appears to have a wide following in the French speaking community. Delcampe has attempted over the years to promote itself in the English speaking world where they have had a presence at all the major international collecting shows.

It needs to be remembered it is a collecting site only whereas on sites like eBay, Ebid and the like you can buy or sell almost everything. I would much prefer Delcampe sticks to collectables and does not attempt to be a site that buys and sells everything in the universe!
    • Created on Feb 22, 2018 at 1:14 PM
    I agree with you.

It is nice to have a "niche" site, rather than another Ebay/Amazon clone.

Furthermore, there is not the same pressure on members to "perform" instantly (i.e instant payment/same day dispatch) or face being marked down through feedback.

Join the collectors community

Register Login