Leaving comment for unpaid items

• merlion
    120 messages
    Hungary
    Dear Members and Admins,

Still having problem with leaving comment for unpaid items.
    I have bad experience and I got no support from Delcampe.
    If I leave comment to a non payer user there's a chance to get negative back.
    If I don't leave I'll lose some money as it has happen many times in several years.
    Really strange that if I leave comment and getting negative feedback for that I cannot answer on that negative feedback, the other part can write lies and I cannot send my answer to protect myself.

Well, If someone don't intend to pay that means better do not leave any feedback and pay Delcampe fees like for a perfectly finished transaction.
    Many years ago it works well. Nowadays I'm not so happy with it.
    Unfortunately I got 0 support from delcampe in the last 2-3 years for similar situation.
    Thank you for your attention.
    Best regards,
    merlion
  • mainlypostcards
    3,475 messages
    United Kingdom
    Dear Members and Admins,

If I don't leave I'll lose some money as it has happen many times in several years.
    Really strange that if I leave comment and getting negative feedback for that I cannot answer on that negative feedback, the other part can write lies and I cannot send my answer to protect myself.

Well, If someone don't intend to pay that means better do not leave any feedback and pay Delcampe fees like for a perfectly finished transaction.
    Unfortunately I got 0 support from delcampe in the last 2-3 years for similar situation.
    Best regards,
    merlion
    • Created on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM
    I have just had a look at my recent feedbacks.

I have some items, where I cannot leave a comment/follow up on the feedback.

It appears, that all those items were sold more than 2 months ago, even though the feedback was left in the last few days.

Several months ago, I had a Chinese buyer who came back after 10 weeks, stating that they hadn't received the items and promptly made a claim through Paypal. I obviously had to refund, but could not change the feedback in order to claim my Delcampe fees back.

If Delcampe stops sellers from following up on/changing recent feedback left for old sales, they should also stop the buyer from leaving feedback.

Can we have a comment from Delcampe support, please?
  • mainlypostcards
    3,475 messages
    United Kingdom
    Dear Members and Admins,

Best regards,
    merlion
    • Created on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM
    Btw,

You should leave negative feedback for a non payer, unless there are special circumstances and the buyer has been communicating with you.

There are some serial non payers on Delcampe. Delcampe will do nothing about them, unless their feedback percentage drops too low.

If they are given "comment only" feedback, this does not affect their score and they can keep doing it.
  • redruthcollectables
    43 messages
    United Kingdom
    I sold a vinyl record on the 20/01/19 the buyer has not settled the payment yet. I have sent two payment reminders and contacted him through his personel email and siltch no reply. Given him another 24 hrs to communicate and pay or I will relist + negative feedback.
  • wycombe1
    1,487 messages
    United Kingdom
    Btw,

You should leave negative feedback for a non payer, unless there are special circumstances and the buyer has been communicating with you.

There are some serial non payers on Delcampe. Delcampe will do nothing about them, unless their feedback percentage drops too low.

If they are given "comment only" feedback, this does not affect their score and they can keep doing it.
    • Created on Jan 23, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    I agree with this 100%.

There are far too many non payers being left neutral feedback on Delcampe. If someone buys and does not pay within a specified time they should be left a negative feedback. Then most of the problem buyers will be removed from the site fairly quickly.

There are significant numbers of buyers that 'buy' then ignore invoices and messages. They do this knowing that if their feedback score remains above a certain level nothing will happen and those leaving neutral feedback to such characters simply encourages them.

There must be a way of stopping non paying buyers from leaving any kind of feedback as it is too easy for them to trash someones feedback. Although Delcampe will remove unjustified feedback it is a tedious and time intensive process. Far better preventing these people from leaving feedback in the first place.
  • mainlypostcards
    3,475 messages
    United Kingdom
    I sold a vinyl record on the 20/01/19 the buyer has not settled the payment yet. I have sent two payment reminders and contacted him through his personel email and siltch no reply. Given him another 24 hrs to communicate and pay or I will relist + negative feedback.
    • Created on Jan 23, 2019 at 6:00 AM
    20/1 is only 4 days ago.

How you could have sent 2 reminders in that time, I don't know, as you can only resend invoices once every 7 days.

This site is a bit more relaxed than Ebay, and a week is a reasonable amount of time to wait for your payment.

Some people only log into their account at the weekends, so give it at least until next Monday.
  • Cornovia_Postcards
    22 messages
    United Kingdom
    I'm happy to wait 28 days for payment if need be, though I send a reminder after 2 weeks to let them know that I haven't forgotten. If a buyer sees a card early in the month that they really want, but know they won't be paid until the end of the month, then I'm ok to wait. If they don't pay after 28 days then I'll send them a couple of emails as a last resort. If they still don't pay then I'll leave negative feedback, cancel the sale and relist. The only time I don't do that is if they're a new user with no feedback as I know that sometimes the process here can intimidate some and they give up, and for those I leave comment only. I insist on sending out invoices myself due to the number of times p&p hasn't been added by the buyer in the past and some new users get spooked when they can't pay immediately, as they can on eBay. Anyone of a certain age will remember that originally eBay invoices had to be sent out manually too. Maybe I miss out on a few sales because of this, but it's far better than the repeated hassle of having to contact buyers who hadn't paid for postage.
  • moonstone
    795 messages
    United Kingdom
    I'm happy to wait 28 days for payment if need be, though I send a reminder after 2 weeks to let them know that I haven't forgotten. If a buyer sees a card early in the month that they really want, but know they won't be paid until the end of the month, then I'm ok to wait. If they don't pay after 28 days then I'll send them a couple of emails as a last resort. If they still don't pay then I'll leave negative feedback, cancel the sale and relist. The only time I don't do that is if they're a new user with no feedback as I know that sometimes the process here can intimidate some and they give up, and for those I leave comment only. I insist on sending out invoices myself due to the number of times p&p hasn't been added by the buyer in the past and some new users get spooked when they can't pay immediately, as they can on eBay. Anyone of a certain age will remember that originally eBay invoices had to be sent out manually too. Maybe I miss out on a few sales because of this, but it's far better than the repeated hassle of having to contact buyers who hadn't paid for postage.
    • Created on Jan 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM
    Set your parameters to ensure buyers can't pay unless you have sent them an invoice.
  • Cornovia_Postcards
    22 messages
    United Kingdom
    Set your parameters to ensure buyers can't pay unless you have sent them an invoice.
    • Created on Jan 25, 2019 at 8:39 AM
    I do. Have done that for quite some time.
  • emmbersplace
    821 messages
    Philippines
    I always send out invoices individually as buyers sometimes change our standard postage terms without asking.

Fortunately my unpaid items are minimal - 3 or 4 a year but I always leave negative feedback for non-payment unless the buyer contacts me first with a valid reason.

My only gripe about the cancellation procedure is that the non-paying buyer is still permitted to leave feedback even after cancellation of the sale by Delcampe. This seems perverse - I had always thought that "cancellation" meant "cancellation" . . Silly me! :dunno:
  • Cornovia_Postcards
    22 messages
    United Kingdom
    I always send out invoices individually as buyers sometimes change our standard postage terms without asking.

Fortunately my unpaid items are minimal - 3 or 4 a year but I always leave negative feedback for non-payment unless the buyer contacts me first with a valid reason.

My only gripe about the cancellation procedure is that the non-paying buyer is still permitted to leave feedback even after cancellation of the sale by Delcampe. This seems perverse - I had always thought that "cancellation" meant "cancellation" . . Silly me! :dunno:
    • Created on Jan 28, 2019 at 8:45 AM
    Aye...that part is really unfair and I can see no good reason for it at all.

Join the collectors community

Register Login