My shop in the blacklist - not a constructive feature

• kipvits

41 messages

Sweden

There is this feature tab under "Account" called "My shop in the blacklist".
    I have put some thought to it, and must admit that I do not find this feature constructive in it's current form.

Blacklisters may give a reason as why they blacklist my shop, but they tend to be vague and generalising without pointing out what exactly made the person blacklist my shop.

Examples are: "Be as clear as precise as possible in your descriptions to provide the best information to your buyers" and "Vary your items on a regular basis to attract buyers", and yes, that is well meaning and generalised advise (especially when refering to "buyers" in plural), which I am always trying to implement to the shop.

What I would like to know is exactly why people blacklisted my shop. What I did or did not do, what I wrote or did not write, etc. Blacklisters could write something like: "You should list more from X and Y and much more frequent".

Finally, the best would be if blacklisters would contact me directly and tell me what their concerns are, since how the blacklist works now, it is impossible for me to know in what direction I should work.
  • wycombe1

1,511 messages

United Kingdom

This is a feature I do not worry about too much. There are reasons for this.

Competitors often place you on it for reasons best known to themselves.

People you leave negative or sometimes neutral feedback will place you on it.

Some place you on it for opinions you may have expressed - for example in the Forum - because they disagree with you.

There are many other petty reasons why some place you on their blacklist. It is best to move on and forget them and concentrate on your customers that do appreciate your listings and buy from you. If these offer criticism then it is these you pay attention to and remedy if you can.
  • kipvits

41 messages

Sweden

This is a feature I do not worry about too much. There are reasons for this.

Competitors often place you on it for reasons best known to themselves.

People you leave negative or sometimes neutral feedback will place you on it.

Some place you on it for opinions you may have expressed - for example in the Forum - because they disagree with you.

There are many other petty reasons why some place you on their blacklist. It is best to move on and forget them and concentrate on your customers that do appreciate your listings and buy from you. If these offer criticism then it is these you pay attention to and remedy if you can.
    • Created on May 11, 2019 at 2:06 AM
    So you agree it is not a constructive feature (as in "I can't use this feature for anything constructive")?

And I do agree that there can be many different reasons as to why someone ends up blacklisted.
  • emmbersplace

830 messages

Philippines

My shop has been blacklisted 18 times in 10 years Reasons like our location, limited payment options etc.......There are thousands of potential buyers on Delcampe so if a very few prefer to buy elsewhere, that is fine with me. I am not too bothered about their reasons because I will never have to deal with them again..

The feature is useful for buyers as the blacklisted sellers offerings do not appear in the buyers search results.
  • wycombe1

1,511 messages

United Kingdom

"The feature is useful for buyers as the blacklisted sellers offerings do not appear in the buyers search results"

It is useful to me for this reason and also for those that want to exclude my listings. In fact I have pointed this out to the occasional moaner who has attacked me for not leaving feedback as soon as they paid for something and said they would not buy from me ever again because of this! Interestingly several have latterly come back asking to be removed because they wanted to buy material they could not find elsewhere from me!!
  • kipvits

41 messages

Sweden

My shop has been blacklisted 18 times in 10 years Reasons like our location, limited payment options etc.......There are thousands of potential buyers on Delcampe so if a very few prefer to buy elsewhere, that is fine with me. I am not too bothered about their reasons because I will never have to deal with them again..

The feature is useful for buyers as the blacklisted sellers offerings do not appear in the buyers search results.
    • Created on May 11, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    "The feature is useful for buyers as the blacklisted sellers offerings do not appear in the buyers search results."

Agreed, to those that simply just blacklist.

It makes no logical sense to blacklist a seller... and then add a comment to the blacklisting with well meaning advise, if the blacklister has no intention of returning. A such comment is not constructive, especially if it's reasoning is based on what "buyers" (in plural) might expect.
  • kipvits

41 messages

Sweden

"The feature is useful for buyers as the blacklisted sellers offerings do not appear in the buyers search results"

It is useful to me for this reason and also for those that want to exclude my listings. In fact I have pointed this out to the occasional moaner who has attacked me for not leaving feedback as soon as they paid for something and said they would not buy from me ever again because of this! Interestingly several have latterly come back asking to be removed because they wanted to buy material they could not find elsewhere from me!!
    • Created on May 11, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    "Interestingly several have latterly come back asking to be removed because they wanted to buy material they could not find elsewhere from me!!"

Asking to be removed? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that statement.
    Blacklisters are anonymous and have themselves added the seller to the blacklist.
  • wycombe1

1,511 messages

United Kingdom

If they are blacklisted they cannot buy your items - neither can they see them in searches. But many have several ID's on Delcampe so can see your items through another ID. I always check who is buying stuff and if a blacklisted person uses another ID I block that ID as well.

Only once have I unblocked someone and this person has proved to be a regular and ongoing client so it was a wise move for me to do so in that case.
  • kipvits

41 messages

Sweden

If they are blacklisted they cannot buy your items - neither can they see them in searches. But many have several ID's on Delcampe so can see your items through another ID. I always check who is buying stuff and if a blacklisted person uses another ID I block that ID as well.

Only once have I unblocked someone and this person has proved to be a regular and ongoing client so it was a wise move for me to do so in that case.
    • Created on May 11, 2019 at 11:44 AM
    You are most certainly right, but it has nothing to do with the feature "my shop in the blacklist", which was my point. :)

Having multiple ID's to follow someone that one has blacklisted is... well, I think it needs no attention. ;)

Join the collectors community

Register Login